- Rare, poor prognosis
- Multiple nodules of varying size
- Solitary solid mass with cystic components, variable enhancement
- Well-defined hemorrhagic nodules
- Diffuse spleen involvement
- CT: hypodense on plain with areas of increased attenuation due to hemorrhage. Enhancement similar to hemangioma (liver) and often not diagnosed without metastases.
- MR: nodular masses with hypo intense T1 and T2 margins (hemorrhagic nodules). T1 signal varies based on stage of bleed
Neuhauser, Thomas S., et al. “Splenic angiosarcoma: a clinicopathologic and immunophenotypic study of 28 cases.” Modern Pathology 13.9 (2000): 978-987.
Hsu, Jun‐Te, et al. “Primary angiosarcoma of the spleen.” Journal of surgical oncology 92.4 (2005): 312-316.