- Scimitar syndrome
- Lung hypoplasia and ipsilateral anomalous systemic venous drainage
- Anomalous right pulmonary vein drains into IVC, hepatic or portal vein, coronary sinus or right atrium
- Most asymptomatic
- Left-to-right shunt can lead to pulmonary hypertension
- Similar to isolated lung hypoplasia – increased opacity of one hemithorax, mediastinal shift, contralateral lung hyperinflation
- Anomalous vein – tubular shadow, runs to base of lung, resembles a curved sword (scimitar)
- CECT: best technique
Neal, Kevin A., and Marilyn J. Siegel. “The Hypogenetic Lung (Scimitar) Syndrome.” Radiology 293.3 (2019): 522-522.
Cirillo Jr, Robert L. “The scimitar sign.” Radiology 206.3 (1998): 623-624.