- Deposit of lipoproteinaceous material between basal lamina of retinal pigment epithelium and inner collagenous layer of Bruch membrane
- Normal feature in aging eyes
- Also seen in age-related macular degeneration
- Fundoscopy: blurring of optic disc margin
- CT: punctate, often bilateral calcific foci at optic nerve heads
Kheterpal, Sundeep, et al. “Imaging of optic disc drusen: a comparative study.” Eye 9.1 (1995): 67-69.
Ramirez, H., E. S. Blatt, and N. S. Hibri. “Computed tomographic identification of calcified optic nerve drusen.” Radiology 148.1 (1983): 137-139.