- 0.2% of cholecystectomy specimens
- Complete or scattered mural calcification
- <5% chance of carcinoma of gall bladder
- Prophylactic cholecystectomy recommended
- Calcification follows contour of gall bladder
- Focal or diffuse
- Mimics emphysematous cholecystitis on ultrasound. ‘Double-arc shadow’ sign of stones is absent
Stephen, Antonia E., and David L. Berger. “Carcinoma in the porcelain gallbladder: a relationship revisited.” Surgery 129.6 (2001): 699-703.
Kane, R. A., et al. “Porcelain gallbladder: ultrasound and CT appearance.” Radiology 152.1 (1984): 137-141.