- Encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis
- Rare, chronic inflammation of peritoneum
- Seen in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis
- Rare causes: abdominal TB, recurrent peritonitis, ventriculo-peritoneal shunts, long term beta blocker treatment, sarcoidosis
- Asymptomatic or have nausea, anorexia, malnutrition, weight-loss, recurrent small bowel obstruction
- CT: ideal. Smooth or irregular nodular peritoneal thickening with calcification. Marked enhancement of peritoneum. Features of intestinal fixation or obstruction. Loculated fluid collections. Tethered, thick walled small bowel loops
Demir, Mustafa Kemal, et al. “Case 108: sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis.” Radiology 242.3 (2007): 937-939.
George, Verghese, et al. “Chronic fibrosing conditions in abdominal imaging.” Radiographics 33.4 (2013): 1053-1080.